Youth Market Lamb Show and Auction|
Larry & Vicki MacDonald 695-2502
RULES & REGULATIONS
- Entries are open to girls and boys in the State of Maine who are enrolled in an approved Youth Market Lamb Project. Participants must have reached their 8th birthday and not passed their 19th birthday, as of midnight December 31, 1998.
- All lambs will be registered with Vicki MacDonald, P.O. Box I 1 87, Greenville, Maine 04441 by midnight June 1, 1999. Lambs should be tagged and the number reported.
- All lambs exhibited must follow the guidelines of the Piscataquis County Youth Lamb Project. All exhibitors are required to care for and show their own animals. Each exhibitor is allowed one market lamb.
- No lamb may be exhibited in competition that cannot be managed and led by the person showing the animal without the help from others.
- All market lambs exhibited at the Piscataquis Valley Fair must be sold at Auction.
- Market lambs must be on the grounds by 8:00 A.M. Friday, August 27, 1999. Each member must accompany his or her lambs. 8:30 A.M. is the time of weighing.
- The Market Lamb Show will start at 1 1:00 A.M. Members must wear white shirts with no printing. Solid colored long pants are required (no blue jeans). Be neat and presentable. Lambs must be shown with halters.
- Ram lambs will be disqualified for entry to the show and auction.
- Lambs will be shown and graded into the following groups: Prime, Choice, Good, Fair and Poor.
- After the lambs are graded, there will be selected a Grand Champion, Reserve Champion and Honorable Mention.
- Lambs will be sold at auction on Friday, August 27, 1999. The auction will start at 7:00 P.M. Each member must be present.
- After the lambs are graded, there will be selected a Grand Champion, Reserve Champion
and Honorable Mention.
- Lambs become the property of the buyer as soon as they are sold.
- The auction is open to all responsible persons. Only one bid will be accepted from a Youth
member or representative of a member.
- All animals exhibited must meet the health and identification requirements of the State of Maine, Department of Agriculture as listed in the rules and regulations of the Livestock Department.
- All Piscataquis Youths enrolled in the market lamb project must participate in the Challenge Course to be eligible to sell their lambs at the Youth auction.
- Failure to comply with any rule will be just cause for disqualification from the show and/or auction and/or forfeiture of all premiums.
- Piscataquis Valley Fair reserves the right to amend and add to these rules and regulations.
Market Lamb Premiums Challenge Course
To Test How Well The Lambs Have Been Raised To Lead.
Fitting and Showmanship
Trophy to Junior and Senior Champions
Market Lamb Class
Ist ||2nd ||3rd ||4th||5th||6th||7th||8th||9th||10th|
|$10||$9||$8||$7||$6 ||$5||$4 ||$3||$2||$1|
|All lambs in Prime Group ||$10|
|All lambs in Choice Group || $8|
|All lambs in Good Group ||$6|
|All lambs in Fair Group ||$4|
|All lambs in Poor Group ||$2|
Grand Champion - Rosette; Reserve Champion Honorable Mention - Rosette; All Others - Ribbon 28