The Fair Association recognizes and offers premiums on the following Dairy Breeds:
Youth and Open Dairy Cattle will be shown concurrently with Youth remaining for premiums, Friday, August 22nd at 10:00 A.M.
Youth Dairy Premiums
Open Dairy Premiums
||Happy Acres Farm
- Jr. Heifer calf - March 1, or over 4 months.
- Intermediate heifer calf - Dec. 1, 2002 to March 1, 2003.
- Sr. Heifer calf - Sept. 1. 2002 to Nov. 30, 2002.
- Jr. Yearling heifer March 1, 2002 to August 31, 2002.
- Sr. Yearling heifer Sept. 1, 2001 to Feb. 29, 2002.
- Jr. Champion Female - winner of Classes 1-5 (ribbon).
- Jr. Get of sire - 3 animals under 2 years old, not over 1 bull.
- Two year old cow - Sept, 1, 2000 to August 31, 2001.
- Three year old cow - Sept. 1, 1999 to August 31, 2000.
- Four year old cow - Sept. 1, 1998 to August 31, 1999.
- Aged cow - Born before Sept. 1998.
- Dry cow - must have freshened at least once.
- Sr. Champion - winners of classes 8 to 12 (Ribbon).
- Best of three females - any who have been bred and owned by exhibitor, limited to one entry.
- Get of Sire - three females over 2 years of age - the get of one sire. Must be owned by exhibitor. Limited to two entries.
- Produce of Dam - two females, any age, the produce of one cow.
- Grand Champion Female - Trophy and Ribbon.
SUPREME GRAND CHAMPION FEMALE
FROM GRAND CHAMPION OF EACH BREED
Herdsmans Award and Trophy Sponsored by Penquis Surge, Inc. Special Awards: Elwin Dow Trophy, Lewis Roberts Trophy, William Shaw Trophy, Doran Nuite Trophy.
The milking parlor is paying $12 per 100 lbs of milk to each of the highest producing cow of each breed milked in the parlor during the fair. A trophy will be presented to each winner. There will be a $25 calf premium for calves born at the fair.
All livestock trailers must be parked in back parking lot.