Farm Tractor Pull
Contact: Blake Smith (207) 564-3430 Otto Wishart 426-8594|
Saturday, August 23rd at 10 am
Weigh & Registration: 9:00 am. Pull starts at 10:00 am. Enter Gate #3
Classes to be run are: 6,000 - 8,000 - 12,000 - 14,000 - 16,000 - 18, 000 lbs.
1st-$30, trophy & ribbon; 2nd-$20, ribbon; 3rd-$10, ribbon; 4th-5th ribbon only.
This will be a Maine State Championship points pull therefore you need to be a Maine State Member to pull. Members fee $10.00. Nonmembers can pull for a $20.00 fee to purchase a day membership at time of registration.
Rules to be enforced are as follows:
- All tractors have to be stock 1st, 2nd and 3rd places to be checked on a dyno. Allow 15% variation.
- Contest open to all tractors with rubber tires. #4 wheel drives allowed. No dual tires, studs or chains permitted. All power must be transmitted through rear tires.
- Drivers 14 thru 17 years of age are permitted to pull with parental permission. Drivers 18 and older permission is not required.
- Each tractor may enter 3 classes. More at promoters discretion.
- Tire sizes: 0-13,999 lbs. - 18.4 tire 14,000-20,000 - 20.8 tire.
- Only 1 driver may drive the same tractor in each class.
- Driver must not leave seat of tractor while pulling.
- Weight of tractor shall include the driver.
- Chain must be hooked to the following drawbar specifications: Min. lenght 18" from center of axle to point of hook measured horizontally. Max hight from ground 20" to top of hitch. Picot pin to be in original postion. Max allowed angle 20 degrees. Drawbar must be equipped with steel hitching device not more than 1" thick with 3" diameter opening. Cross-section thickness must be 7/8" min. Pulling point may not be more than 1-1/2" from back edge of hitching device. Drawbar must be rigid with no movement.
- Classes will be canceled if there are no entries in that class.
- No portion of the tractor may interfere with sled or sled hitch during pull.
- All weight must be safely secured to tractor & must not extend 6" rearward beyond rear tires, nor be more than 24" in the front of tractor frame to front of weight. No moveable weight bracket allowed before, during or after the pull. Tractors will not be allowed to pull with such bracket even if it's unhooked.
- All tractors must be equipped with workable rear wheel brakes.
- All tractors must have a strong and rigid seat. All tip seats must be securely fastened while pulling. Seats will be thoroughly inspected by officials.
- Use of stabilizer bars is strongly recommended.
- All tires will turn in correct rotation.
- In case of dispute or misunderstanding, the decision of the judges or superintendents will be considered fair, impartial and final.
- There will be no ether cans on tractor or in the driver's possession while on the pulling tractor or he/she will be disqualified. Air tanks disconnected.
- All tractors will have working PTO. 1-1/8" shaft for 540 RPM 1-3/8" shaft for 1,000 RPM required. Puller will be responsible for correct shaft size, and provide adaptor if necessary. Slipping PTO will be cause for disqualification.
- Any unsportsmanlike conduct will be an immediate disqualification of the tractor driver and pit crew. Any purses won by tractor/driver will be reneged. The tractor/driver may not be allowed to pull for the continuation of the competition, at the discretion of the judges & officials. Suspension can be 1 year & 20 days.
- Any driver or any of his/her crew incapacitated due to an intoxication agent, his/her pulling vehicle will not compete for the duration of the pull. Further, any puller or pit crew member found around track area with intoxicant will forfeit winnings and points from event or his/her pulling vehicle will be barred from the next sanctioned event his/her appears to compete. Track area is 25' on all sides surrounding the pulling track and track itself.
- Contestants must pull at position drawn within three minutes of time sled is at readiness. Any delay will mean disqualification. If presiding judge is notified he may drop a contestant having mechanical problems 3 positions. This may be done only once per contestant class.
- Judges decisions will be final on any point of controversy. Any disagreement will result in disqualification.
- Excessive oil and water leaks are subject to disqualification.
- Any tractor or sled that leaves course boundaries will be disqualified. Flaps are not included as part of sled.
- Any weight that hits pulling surface while hooked to sled will be a disqualification.
- Use of helmets is strongly urged. All drivers must be members of MSPA or purchase a one time competitors membership.