! ! ! THINK SAFETY ! ! !
- Drivers must be at least 16 (with parents permission).
- Drivers must have long pants, long sleeve shirts, helmets, and eye protection.
- Safety belt or harness must be worn.
- All drivers and cars must be entered and at the track at least 2 hours prior to scheduled starting time of derby.
- Only drivers and 2 mechanics will be permitted in the pit area or on the track
- Cars are asked to have but not required to have: a fire extinguisher, windshield, drivers cage in drivers compartment only, plated drivers door not to exceed more than 1 foot past the door seams, drivers doors panel and stock dash pad.
- Plastic bumpers, plastic or fiberglass nose, back seat and all carpeting must me removed.
- Big cars must have fuel tank located in front of rear axle, a boat tank is preferred, also have battery located in passengers compartment mounted solid and covered.
- Small cars are permitted to have stock fuel tank and battery location.
SMALL CAR IS 4 CYLINDER ONLY
- Trailer hitch including hitch bracket must be removed.
- Radiator may be bypassed but must remain in original position
- NO Antifreeze WATER ONLY
- Fan blades must be clutch type or electric fan which may be of any make or model.
- Car must be of stock appearance with doors welded or chained.
- DO NOT weld or bolt hood or trunk (use wire).
- NO Chrysler Imperials.
- 1 foot square hole in hood required.
- NO strengthening of cars. Modifications to suspension will be NOT be permitted
- Cars that have already been in a derby may have reattached bumpers with reasonable amount of weld.
- All drivers must attend the drivers meeting for derby rules 1 hour prior to start of derby.
- NO ALCOHOL ALLOWED Any driver or crew member not obeying the rules will be disqualified, Drivers will be held responsible for their crew member.
- DECISIONS OF THE JUDGES IS FINAL ANYONE CREATING PROBLEMS WILL BE DISQUALIFIED ! !
CALL DAN BISHOP IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS
Dan Bishop 564-7700 or Rusty Weymouth 285-3192