Includes fresh produce, canned goods, and specified baked goods.
RULES & REGULATIONS
2009 FOOD & PRODUCE SCHEDULE SUMMARY
- All entries must be homemade or homegrown by the person offering them for exhibit.
- Please, one entry per item. Limit 25 items per exhibitor, with no more than 10 being herbs. Only one entry may be submitted in
the cake category and the pie competition.
- Exhibit and judging cards to be made out for each item and listed on registration form. If you have more than 10 items, please have this done before coming to the fairgrounds or come early enough to fill them out. Items will NOT be accepted after 7 pm. Cards and registration forms can be obtained from the Piscataquis Extension Office at the Courthouse complex in Dover or contact the above number.
- All produce & baked goods entries will be accepted on the dates and times listed in the schedule summary below. Judging will be according to schedule below. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT ITEMS IF YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO PICK THEM UP ON SUNDAY BY 6:00 p.m. Any items left after 6 p.m. will be discarded.
- All judges decision are final.
- Cars will not be permitted on the fairgrounds on Sunday.
||4 pm–8 pm
||Bring entries for foods, produce & muffins to Exhibition Hall #1|
||8 am - noon
|Judging for food & produce|
||Cookie Decorating at dining hall|
||8 am - 10 am
|Bring Berry Pies to Exhibit Hall #1|
Pick up prize money Exhibit Hall #1
Pick up items
Adult: 1st $6, 2nd $4, 3rd $2.
Youth: 1st $3, 2nd $2, 3rd $1.
2009 Food & Produce Participants:
Buck Lee Charles
Friends of Mountain View
Alaina & Zach Spizuoco
Beans, Snap & Pole(10), Onions (3)-braided tops for hanging, Beans-Dry & Shell (1cup), Parsnips (3), Beets (1), Peas (10 pods), Broccoli (1), Peppers (3), Brussell Sprouts (10), Potatoes (3), Cabbage (1), Pumpkin (1), Carrots (3), Radishes (6), Cauliflower (1), Squash-summer & winter (1), Corn-sweet, Cucumbers (3), Eggplant (1), Tomatoes (3), Cherry Tomatoes (1pt), Gourds (3), Greens (bunch), Turnips (1), Lettuce (1head), Zucchini, Other
PLEASE REMEMBER: If you don't have the required amount of vegetables then a lesser prize will given.
BERRIES & FRUITS
Applies (3), Blackberries (1pint), Blueberries (1pint), Cherries (1pint), Grapes (1 bunch), Melons (1), Pears (3), Raspberries (1pint), Strawberries (1pint), Other. Cover pints of berries with clear plastic wrap to prevent fruit flies.
HOME CANNED FOODS
Adults and Youth (16 and under)
Categories C1 – C4: 1st $6.00, 2nd $4.00, 3rd $2.00 plus Ribbons.
Must be canned by exhibitor within 1 year. Jars must be labeled on side with product name, dated processed, processing method and processing time.
Minimum of two (2) varieties in each category.
All canned goods must be in sealed, colorless glass jars. One jar makes an entry. Use USDA guidelines when canning. Information available at Extension Office. If your jams or jellies are lite or sugarless, please note on label. All jams should be clearly labeled with name of produce only. No tasting. Canned goods are not judged for decorative value, they are judged on visual appeal of the produce. Please bring recipe for all canned goods, with your name on the recipe card.
CLASS I Fruits
CLASS II Vegetables
CLASS III Pickled Foods
CLASS IV Soft Spreads (Jams & Jellies)
Saturday, August 29th, 10 AM to NOON
Kids Cookie Decorating. Cookies and decorating supplies provided by Piscataquis Valley Fair Association.
Junior and Adult Divisions 1st $6, 2nd $4, 3rd $2
Enter THREE (3) Muffins on a disposable plate. Must be accompanied by the recipe printed on a 4 x 6 inch card. Will be judged on appearance, texture, and taste. Entries will not be returned.
BERRY PIE CONTEST2009 PIE CONTEST WINNERS
Submit pies on Sunday between 8 am and 10 am. Exhibition Hall #1
Judging at 10:30 am
Premiums: (3 prizes) $15, $10, $5 plus ribbons.
Open to all pie bakers. Bring the recipe printed on a 4 x 6 card. Please submit ONE PIE ONLY for judging. Bake the pie the day before. Warm pies cannot be judged properly. Judged on ease of preparation, texture, flavor, and overall appearance. Use a disposable pan.
||Raspberry Cream Pie
||Mixed Berry Pie
REMEMBER - ITEMS MAY NOT BE REMOVED UNTIL AFTER 6 PM SUNDAY, AUGUST 30TH - NO EXCEPTIONS!!
Disclaimer: The Piscataquis Valley Fair (PVF) will provide care and protection of all exhibits.
However, PVF distinctly disclaims any liability for loss or damage to exhibits or personal property of exhibits.